I'm new and I'm looking to find out about Hope Chapel Lewiston?
- Awesome, we want to welcome you to HCL and get you connected as soon as
possible. The best way to do that is to join us at our Sunday service (9:30am).
- Another great opportunity is to attend one of our Tastes of Hope Luncheons with
Pastor's Jeph and Jaclyn along with other leaders of Hope Chapel. These are quarterly gatherings designed to introduce you to the ministry of Hope as well as to give you an opportunity to ask
those important questions you've got going on in you.
- We also invite you to give us a call with any questions you might have and set up a
time to meet with our staff and pastors. You can reach at 208-305-7827. We would love to take you out for a cup of coffee and discover your hopes and passions and answer any questions you
might have about Hope Chapel.
What can I expect to experience on a Sunday?
- We do our best to make sure that you feel welcomed and loved just as you are. We are a casually dressed group of
people who love God and love others.
- Our desire is that you come into an environment that reveals the love and power of Jesus Christ.
- We usually begin with a time of praise and worship that welcomes the ministry of the Holy Spirit to lead us in our
understanding of God's greatness. This often is followed up by a time of teaching and testimony from the bible for the purpose of equipping believers to walk in the fullness of Jesus
- We provide pre-school to 6th grade children's ministry on the first 3 Sundays of the month. The last Sunday of each
month we do an all family gathering where we keep our children in with us and celebrate together. We do have a
nursing moms room that is available and allows you to stay engaged during the services without feeling uncomfortable as you attend to the needs of your little one.
- We close our service with announcements and at time of blessing over our tithe and offerings.
- Prayer is always available for those times when we find ourselves needing help to get through the
What is the vision and mission of Hope Chapel Lewiston?
- Our vision is simple: We desire to see a multi-generational body of believers living in the knowledge of the
glory of God.
- We believe our mission as a local church is to deliver the gospel message of salvation and hope, through the love
and power of Jesus Christ, so that individuals, communities, and nations become transformed and empower by the Holy Spirit to live out the kingdom, power, and glory of God.
Who are the Pastor's and leaders?
- Jeph and Jaclyn Chavez are the Lead Pastors who planted Hope Chapel Lewiston is
2006. Prior to planting HCL they were pastoring in Hawaii at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay under the leadership of Pastor Ralph Moore.
- The leadership structure is built on discipling, empowering and accountability.
It is as follows: Lead Pastor > Lead Team > Council Team > Community Pastors > Every believer is a Minister > Staff.
- Our staff is here to support the ministry, while our lead pastor is here to help
guide the ministry. Everyone else is then called out to be equipped to go and do the work of the ministry. We provide trainings and teachings in a variety of formats outside of our Sunday
services to get every believer equipped to respond to the call of the Lord.
Why should I get baptized?
- It is a response to belief in Jesus. "...many of the Corinthians who heard him
believed and were baptized." Acts 18:8
- Jesus clearly states that it is important.
- Jesus did it. “After all the people were baptized, Jesus was baptized. As he was praying, the
sky opened up and the Holy Spirit, like a dove descending, came down on him. And along with the Spirit, a voice: "You are my Son, chosen and marked by my love, pride of my life." Luke
What does it mean to be baptized?
- Baptism does not make you a believer, it shows that you already chose to follow
- The word baptize literally means "to dip under water". The Greek word "baptizo" means "to immerse or dip under
- Baptism is the outward symbol of the commitment you made in your heart. It is a supernatural experience."When
someone becomes a Christian he becomes a brand new person inside. The old life has passed away and a new life has begun!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
What happens when I am baptized?
- You are immersed in water in either a baptism tank, swimming pool or the river; depending on the time of year. This
may be done publicly in a worship service or privately, by your request. "As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water." Matthew 3:16
When should I get baptized?
- The best time is right after you choose to follow Christ. "Those who believed...were
baptized...that day!" Acts 2:41
- For children age 8 & under, we encourage baby/child dedication in our public
services. This means the parents are choosing to dedicate their children to the Lord. Typically, a child is able to make the decision to follow Christ for themselves around the age of 8, but everyone
is different. Please let baptism be your child’s decision.
I was baptized as an infant/young child…may I be baptized again?
- Know that our salvation has nothing to do with a religious act. God's main concern is your confession of faith in
Him as your Lord and Savior. Many people choose to be baptized as adults even though they were baptized as children since they do not remember the first baptism ceremony they experienced.
We encourage this because baptism is about your decision to follow Christ and not that of your parents. “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be
Will I have to say anything?
- Nope. Your public statement is the act of baptism itself. Testimony is a powerful thing that we encourage and
enjoy, but the power of your baptism is just as awesome.
Can my friends/family come watch, even if they don’t normally come to
- Yes, this is a great opportunity to bring people to church who may not otherwise attend. We highly encourage
Who do I contact about getting baptized?
- You may contact Woody Bryan at 208-305-7827 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What about tithes and offerings?
- We pray for and collect tithes and offerings at each service. The giving of our money is as much an act of
praise and worship as singing songs or serving others.
- We have a teaching on tithes and offerings available for download as well as at the church.
- The Council Team at Hope is responsible for the stewarding of the ministries finances based on a yearly budget of income and
expense. We are also held accountable by our overseers in the Foursquare family that we belong to. It is our goal to walk uprightly in the area of financial integrity and
responsibility. You may direct your specific questions to Woody Bryan at 208-305-7827.
- We do provide a year end contribution statement of all your tax-deductible giving to the ministry of Hope Chapel
- To give to Hope Chapel Lewiston you may go to our Online Giving site or send a check to our mailing address as well as drop it
in the offering baskets during the service time.